This topic describes how to authorize a service account.
If you are seeking for technical support from Alibaba Cloud and if it is necessary to operate your database instance during technical support, you must authorize a service account that is used by the technical support staff to provide technical support services.
- MySQL 8.0 High-availability Edition (with local SSDs)
- MySQL 5.7 High-availability Edition (with local SSDs)
- MySQL 5.6 Enterprise Edition and MySQL 5.6 High-availability Edition
- MySQL 5.5 High-availability Edition
- SQL Server 2008 R2
When you authorize the service account to view and modify configurations or view table structure, index, and SQL statements, the system generates a temporary service account and the corresponding permissions are given to this account according to your authorization information.
This temporary service account is automatically deleted after the validity period of authorization expires.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where the target RDS instance is located.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Accounts.
- On the Service Account Permissions tab, select the permission to be authorized to the service account, and then click
the switch in the Permission Status column.
- For troubleshooting of the IP whitelists, database parameters, and other problems, you must authorize Configuration Permission only.
- For the database performance problems caused by your application, you must authorize Data Permission.
- In the Set Expiration Time dialog box, set the expiration time and click OK.
What to do next
After a service account is authorized, you can cancel the authorization or change the authorization validity period on the Service Account Permissions tab.