This topic describes how to enable a multi-factor authentication (MFA) device for your Alibaba Cloud account with the Google Authenticator app. After an MFA device is enabled, it provides additional security protection for your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud console.
- Move the pointer over the account icon and click Security Settings.
- In the Account Protection section, click Edit.
Note Virtual MFA is now renamed TOTP.
- On the displayed page, select a scenario and select TOTP.
- Click Submit.
- On the displayed page, click Verify now.
- Enter the verification code and click Submit.
- Download and install Google Authenticator on your mobile phone.
Note If you already installed Google Authenticator, click Next.
- For iOS: Install Google Authenticator from the App Store.
- For Android: Install Google Authenticator from the Google Play Store.
Note You need to install a QR code scanner from the Google Play Store for Google Authenticator to identify QR codes.
- After you install Google Authenticator, go back to the Identity Verification page and click Next.
- Open Google Authenticator and tap BEGIN SETUP.
- Tap Scan barcode and scan the QR code on the Identity Verification page.
- Tap Manual entry, enter the username and key, and then tap the check mark (√) icon.
Note You can obtain the username and key by moving the pointer over Scan failed on the Identity Verification page.
- On the Identity Verification page, enter the 6-digit verification code obtained from Google Authenticator and
Note The verification code is refreshed at an interval of 30 seconds.
What to do next
- Your username and password
- Verification code provided by the MFA device
- The MFA settings for your Alibaba Cloud account does not affect the logon of users under the account.
- Before you uninstall or remove an MFA device, you must first log on to the Alibaba Cloud console to disable the MFA device.