Database Backup (DBS) allows you to create logical groups. You can add your data sources to logical groups based on the locations and types of the data sources and the projects to which the data sources belong. Then, you can use a logical group to manage multiple data sources at a time.
Create a logical group
- On the Logical Group page of the DBS console, select a region in the upper-left corner.
- Click Add logical group in the upper-right corner. You can create up to 20 logical groups in each region.
- In the Add logical group dialog box, specify a name for the logical group. Then, click OK. The logical group name can be up to 32 characters in length.
Add a data source to a logical group
If no data source is available in DBS, add a data source first. For more information, see Add a data source.
- On the Data Source page of the DBS console, select a region in the upper-left corner.
- Find the data source that you want to add to a logical group, and click Add logical group in the Logical group column.
- In the Edit logical group dialog box, select a logical group from the drop-down list. Then, click OK. Note
- You can add a data source to multiple logical groups at a time.
- If no logical group is available, click Create logical group in the Edit logical group dialog box to create a logical group.
What to do next
When you query data sources or perform batch backups, you can filter data sources based on the logical group that you specify.