After you add a domain name to Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN), Alibaba Cloud CDN assigns a Canonical Name (CNAME) to the domain name. To enable the CDN service for the domain name, you must add a CNAME record to map the accelerated domain name to the CNAME. This way, requests sent to the accelerated domain name can be redirected to the CDN nodes that are nearest to the clients. This topic describes how to add a CNAME record for a domain name in the Alibaba Cloud DNS (previously known as HiChina) console.
- a CNAME.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, copy the CNAME of the accelerated domain name.
- Add a CNAME record for the accelerated domain name.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
- On the Manage DNS page, click the Domains tab, select the domain name that you want to manage, and then click Configure in the Actions column.
- Click Add Record and add a CNAME record.
- Type: Select
CNAMEfrom the drop-down list.
- Host: Enter the prefix of the accelerated domain name.
Accelerated domain name Host
- ISP Line: Use the default value.
- Value: Enter the CNAME assigned to the accelerated domain name.
- TTL: Use the default value.
- Type: Select
- Click OK.The CNAME record is added. After the CNAME record takes effect, CDN acceleration is automatically enabled for the domain name.Note
- After you add a CNAME record, it immediately takes effect. After you modify a CNAME record, the modifications take effect within 72 hours.
- After you add a CNAME record, it takes approximately 10 minutes for the system to update the status in the console. The system may prompt that you must add a CNAME record. Ignore the message.
- Check whether the CNAME record has taken effect.
- Open the Command Prompt in Windows.
- Use the Command Prompt to ping the accelerated domain name. If the CNAME in the output matches the CNAME assigned
to the accelerated domain name in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console, it indicates that
CDN acceleration is enabled.