This document describes how to quickly get started with the CDN service. The procedure is as follows:
Go to the Alibaba Cloud website, and quickly learn about the product in the CDN Product Details Page. Then, click Buy Now.
On the order page, select an appropriate billing method. Once you confirm the order, the CDN service is enabled.
Go to the CDN Console, select Domain names List, and click Add Domain Name:
Note: A single user can add up to 20 domain names. For old domains that are no longer in use, we recommend that you delete the record.
Select the appropriate origin server, specify the business type, and specify the acceleration regions:
- You can only enter registered domains. Those that are still in the registration process cannot be added.
- Wildcard domain acceleration is supported. Chinese domain acceleration is not supported. Note this rule when you enter wildcard domains:
*.test.com. For more details, see Wildcard Domain Acceleration Rules.
- A CDN domain cannot added multiple times. If you encounter a “Domain already added” issue, submit a ticket to us for help.
- Up to 20 CDN domains can be added under one account.
- The domain content must comply with CDN specifications. For more details, see CDN Service Use Restrictions
|Images and small files||Acceleration of images and small files is recommended if the content to be accelerated is mostly images and web files.|
|Large file downloads||Acceleration of large file downloads is recommended if the content to be accelerated is large files (static files larger than 20 MB).|
|On-demand video/audio||For large video files, acceleration of live streaming media is recommended to accelerate video on demand and live streaming services.|
|Live streaming media||The acceleration of live streaming media is provided. Currently, RTMP-based and HLS-based live streaming acceleration is supported. For live streaming business, user-defined origin servers are not supported, and a central live streaming server video-center.alivecdn.com is provided by default.|
- Before adding a domain, make sure the domain can be accessed without any problem. When the content of your origin server is not in OSS, manual review will be conducted to determine whether the content of the CDN domain conforms to the CDN service use restrictions.
- HTTPS Secure Acceleration is supported for images and small files, large file downloads, and on-demand video/audio. See how to enable HTTPS Secure Acceleration.
IP address, origin server domain, OSS domain, or central live streaming server (for live streaming media service only) are available.
|Origin server type||Description|
|IP||You can enter multiple the internet server IPs.|
|Origin server domain||Enter the origin server domain
Note: The origin server address you entered cannot be the same as the CDN domain. For example, if the CDN domain is test.yourdomain.com, we recommend that you set your origin server to src.yourcompany.com
|OSS origin server||Enter the internet domain of the OSS bucket, for example, xxx.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com|
|Central live streaming server||Only available for live streaming media acceleration. The central live streaming server is set to video-center.alivecdn.com by default, and cannot be customized by the user.|
SNI is not supported for CDN back-to-origin requests.
L3 and above members can apply for this feature by submitting a ticket.
- Select the acceleration region as per your needs: Mainland China, overseas only (domestic nodes unavailable), or world-wide. Learn about CDN nodes distribution.
- Note: Traffic generated from overseas nodes incurs a higher cost that from domestic nodes. For more details, see Purchase Guide.
- Registration: For Mainland China and world-wide acceleration (world-wide acceleration covers Mainland China nodes), registration at China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology is required. If you select overseas acceleration only, the registration is not required.
Confirm the basic information and domain configuration information, and then click Finish. After the configuration is complete, the domains displays in the list.The configuration takes effect when the domain status is shown as “Running”:
1. Copy the CNAME address assigned by the system from the domain name list in Domain Names in the CDN console:
2. Go to the DNS console of your DNS service provider (Alibaba Cloud DNS, Route53, Dyn, Cloudflare and Godaddy etc.) and add the CNAME record. For example: Configure CNAME record in Alibaba Cloud DNS.
After you configure the CNAME record, the CNAME record may take a variable period of time to take effect, depending on your DNS provider. You can use a
dig command to access your CDN domain. If the request is redirected to
*.*kunlun*.com, both the CNAME configuration and the CDN service are effective.