Data Transmission Service (DTS) provides a simple and easy-to-use change tracking feature. You only need to perform simple operations in the DTS console to configure the entire change tracking task. The change tracking feature allows you to subscribe to data changes in real time. It helps you achieve lightweight cache updates, business decoupling, asynchronous data processing, and real-time data synchronization through ETL operations.
This topic only provides a general procedure for configuring a change tracking channel. However, the procedure will vary according to the data source. For more information about how to configure change tracking channels for specific data sources, see Overview of change tracking scenarios.
- Create a change tracking task by specifying the region of the source database that is used for data subscription. For more information, see Purchase a change tracking instance.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Change Tracking.
- At the top of the Change Tracking Tasks page, select the region to which your change tracking task belongs.
- Find the created change tracking task and click Configure Channel.
- Specify the connection details of the source database that is used for data subscription.
- Click Set Whitelist and Next.
Note If the source database is in an Alibaba Cloud instance, the IP address of the DTS server is automatically added to the whitelist for the instance. This ensures that the DTS server can connect to the instance.
- Specify the data type and objects to which you want to subscribe.
- Click Save and Precheck in the lower-right corner.
- A precheck is performed before the change tracking task starts. The change tracking task only starts after the precheck succeeds.
- If the precheck fails, click the icon next to each failed check item to view the related details. Fix the issues as instructed and run the precheck again.
- If the Precheck dialog box displays The precheck is passed, close the Precheck dialog box.
After the configuration is complete, the initial change tracking starts. This process requires about 1 minute to complete.
|Change tracking version||Reference|