ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL supports two types of endpoints: internal endpoints and public endpoints. By default, you are provided with an internal endpoint that is used to connect to your ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. If you want to connect to the RDS instance over the Internet, you must apply for a public endpoint.
For more information about how to apply for or release a public endpoint for RDS instances that run other database engines, see the following topics:
- Apply for or release a public endpoint for an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance
- Apply for or release a public endpoint for an ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL instance
- Apply for or release a public endpoint for an ApsaraDB RDS for PPAS instance
- Apply for or release a public endpoint for an ApsaraDB RDS for MariaDB TX instance
Internal and public endpoints
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Apply for or release an endpoint:
- If you have not applied for a public endpoint, you can click Apply for Public Endpoint.
- If you have applied for a public endpoint, you can click Release Public Endpoint.
- In the message that appears, click Confirm.
- Can I change the endpoints and ports of my RDS instance?
No, you cannot change the endpoints of your RDS instance. You can only change the prefixes of the endpoints. However, you can change the ports of your RDS instance. For more information, see View and change the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- Can I configure the endpoints of my RDS instances to static IP addresses?
No, you cannot configure the endpoints of your RDS instance to static IP addresses. Both primary/secondary switchovers and specification changes may cause changes to the IP addresses. Therefore, we recommend that you connect to your RDS instance by using an endpoint. This allows you to minimize the impact on your workloads and relieves the need to modify the configuration data on your application.
- How do I connect to my RDS instance by using the public endpoint?
For more information, see Connect to an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
|Allocate public connection||Applies for a public endpoint for an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|
|Release public endpoint||Releases the public endpoint of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|