You can create instance snapshots to save the system state from a certain point in time for data backup or to create images.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- Select a region. In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances, and click Manage.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instance Disks. And click Create Snapshot for the target disk. You can select only one disk at a time, either system disk or data disk.
- Enter the name for the snapshot, click, OK.
- To view the snapshots, go to left-side navigation pane and click Instance Snapshots. You can see the progress and status of the snapshot.
Time required for each snapshot creation may vary because of the
- disk volume.
- Creation of the first snapshot will take relatively longer than subsequent snapshots due to the first snapshot being a full snapshot.
- However, depending on the amount of changed data since previous snapshots, the length of time for each snapshot creation varies.