You can access a sandbox instance with ease by using Data Management (DMS). DMS provides an integrated solution that supports data management, SQL query, security audit, trend analysis, and data development.
A Database Backup (DBS) sandbox instance is created. For more information, see Quick start.
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup Schedules. On the Backup Schedules page, select a region in the upper-left corner.
- On the Backup Schedules page, click Manage in the Actions column corresponding to a backup schedule.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Sandbox tasks. On the page that appears, find the sandbox instance that you want to access and click DMS Management.
- In the Log On to Database dialog box, enter the username and password of the sandbox instance and click Log On. The username and password of the sandbox instance are the same as those of the source database.
After you are logged on, the SQL Console appears, where you can perform operations on the sandbox instance. For more information, see Overview.
What to do next
DMS supports features such as data development, analysis, mining, and visualization.
- Allows you to create one or more tasks to form a task flow. You can use this feature to perform data archiving, data integration, data development in data warehouses, and data mining. For more information, see Task flow.
- Allows you to export the data that is managed by DMS to external environments by calling API operations. For more information, see Overview.
- Allows you to use custom layouts and styles and provides a large number of visualization components and built-in auxiliary widgets. This helps you visualize data with ease. For more information, see Overview.