This topic describes how to access a host in an ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster from a bastion host.
- The Grant OS Permissions parameter is set to Enabled when you create the ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster.
- A host is created in the MyBase for SQL Server dedicated cluster. For more information, see Create hosts in a MyBase for SQL Server dedicated cluster.
- A bastion host is created. For more information, see Create a bastion host.
- Log on to the Bastionhost console.
- Find the bastion host that you want to enable and click Run on the right to enable the bastion host.
- After the bastion host is enabled, return to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console. Find the dedicated cluster that you want to connect to, and go to the Bastion Hosts page. On the page that appears, find the bastion host that you want to use, and click
Associate with Bastion Host.
- Click Import Host. In the dialog box that appears, click Import.
- If no host accounts are available, create an account first.
- Find the host that you want to manage, and click Add an account in the Host Account column.
- In the Create Host Account dialog box, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Username Enter an account name. The name must meet the following requirements:
- It must start with a lowercase letter and end with a letter or a digit.
- It can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_).
- It must be 2 to 16 characters in length.
Account Type If the dedicated cluster runs the SQL Server engine, you can select one of the following account types:
- Normal Account: a standard account that has the permissions of the Remote Desktop Users group.
- Administrator: a privileged account that has the permissions of the local user group Administrators in Windows.
Password Enter a password for the account. The password must meet the following requirements:
- It must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- It must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
- It can contain the following special characters: !@#$%^&*()_+-=
- Click Create.
- Select the host for which you want to create an account and click Next.
- Click Create Bastion Host Account. In the dialog box that appears, specify the required information and click Create.
- Click Authorize Host in the Actions column. In the dialog box that appears, select the required host and
click Authorize Host.
- After you authorize a bastion host to access the host, perform the following steps
to log on to the host from the bastion host.
- Start Remote Desktop Connection on your local host that runs Windows.
<Bastionhost O&M address>:63389and click Connect.
- In the Remote Desktop Connection dialog box, click Yes.
- In the Login dialog box, enter the username and password used to access Bastionhost
and click Login.
- If multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled for a RAM user, enter the verification
code obtained from the bound MFA device (the Alibaba Cloud app) in the Two Factor
dialog box and click OK.
- Select the Windows host.
- On the asset management page, double-click the host that you are authorized to access.