An Elastic Compute Service (ECS) security group is a virtual firewall that is used to control the inbound and outbound traffic of ECS instances in the security group. This topic describes how to configure a security group.
- For more information about security groups and how to configure a security group in the ECS console, see Create a security group.
- You can configure both IP whitelists and security groups. After you add IP addresses to IP whitelists and add ECS instances to security groups of a ApsaraDB PolarDB MySQL-compatible edition cluster, the specified IP addresses and ECS instances can access the cluster.
- The network types of a ApsaraDB PolarDB MySQL-compatible edition cluster and its security groups must be the same. For example, if your PolarDB for MySQL cluster is deployed in a virtual private cloud (VPC), you can add only security groups of the VPC type.
- You can create at most 10 security groups for each ApsaraDB PolarDB MySQL-compatible edition cluster.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the cluster is deployed.
- Find the cluster and click the cluster ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Whitelists page, you can click Select Security Group to add a security group. You can also click Modify in the Actions column to change the security groups that you have added.
- In the Select Security Groups panel, select one or more security groups and click OK.
Related API operations
|DescribeDBClusterAccessWhitelist||Queries the IP addresses that are allowed to access a specified PolarDB for MySQL cluster.|
|ModifyDBClusterAccessWhitelist||Modifies the IP addresses that are allowed to access a specified PolarDB for MySQL cluster.|