If you want to re-initialize the system disk of a cloud desktop, you can recreate the cloud desktop. This topic describes how to recreate a cloud desktop.
- Data that you want to retain in the system disk of the cloud desktop is backed up.
Warning When you recreate a cloud desktop, personal data and software installed in the original system disk are deleted and cannot be restored. Proceed with caution when you recreate a cloud desktop.
- The cloud desktop that you want to recreate is stopped. For more information, see Stop cloud desktops.
When you recreate a cloud desktop, the system uses the image from the cloud desktop template to re-initialize the system disk. If you want to customize the environment of the recreated cloud desktop, you must change the image of the cloud desktop template. This allows you to pre-install programs and upload business application data in advance. For more information, see Modify a desktop template.
- Software and personal data in the original system disk are deleted.
Note The data disk is not affected.
- The system disk snapshots that are created from the original system disk become unavailable. The snapshots are automatically deleted.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, find the cloud desktop that you want to recreate and click Recreate Desktop in the Actions column.
- Read the message that appears and click OK.