You can share an existing template with other Alibaba Cloud accounts. This topic describes how to share a template. In this example, Alibaba Cloud account A shares a template with Alibaba Cloud account B.
- A template is created. For more information, see Create a template.
- The IDs of the destination Alibaba Cloud accounts are obtained. In this example, the
ID of Alibaba Cloud account B is
When you share a template, take note of the following limits on destination accounts:
- A destination account must be an Alibaba Cloud account and cannot be a Resource Access Management (RAM) user.
- A template cannot be shared with the Alibaba Cloud account that owns the template. For example, if you use Alibaba Cloud account A to log on to the ROS console, you cannot share a template with Alibaba Cloud account A.
- A template can be shared with up to 50 Alibaba Cloud accounts.
- Log on to the ROS console with Alibaba Cloud account A.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Templates > My Templates.
- On the My Templates page, find the template that you want to share and click the template name.
- In the Template Details section, click Edit to the right of Sharing Status.
- In the Template Sharing Status dialog box, click Add Share.
- In the Add Share dialog box, set Shared Target. In this example, enter
123435555956****.Note If you enter IDs of multiple Alibaba Cloud accounts, you must separate these IDs with commas (,).
- Set Shared Version. The following options are available:
- All Versions: shares all versions of the template.
- Specified Version: shares only a specific version of the template. If you select this option, you must specify a version.
- Always the Latest Version: shares only the latest version of the template. If the shared template is updated, the latest version of the template is shared with the destination accounts.
- Click OK. A destination account can use a shared template to perform related operations, such as creating a stack and a stack group. In this example, Alibaba Cloud account B can use the shared template.