Alibaba Cloud Web Application Firewall (WAF) offers a hybrid cloud solution. The solution allows you to implement comprehensive security control for your web services that are deployed both in and outside the cloud. The solution is suitable for centralized security control in hybrid cloud environments.
Alibaba Cloud offers Hybrid Cloud WAF that enables you to protect and manage web applications in various environments in a centralized manner. Hybrid Cloud WAF is available across public clouds and data centers. Both Alibaba Cloud and third-party clouds are supported. This way, Hybrid Cloud WAF protects both your service traffic and private networks that cannot be migrated to the cloud. Hybrid Cloud WAF combines the shared and exclusive resources both in and outside the cloud to deliver an elastic effective system. This allows you to protect web applications in a centralized manner.
Hybrid Cloud WAF introduces and integrates the protection capabilities of Alibaba Cloud WAF to your data centers to protect web services in hybrid clouds. You can use the WAF console in the cloud to manage protection rules, perform security-related O&M, manage security services, and upgrade systems.
You can deploy Hybrid Cloud WAF in cluster mode or standalone node mode. Hybrid Cloud WAF serves as a reverse proxy to inspect all access requests and forward requests to backend servers for load balancing. If you deploy Hybrid Cloud WAF in cluster mode, it offers the following benefits: multi-node redundancy, scalability, high performance of WAF, and high service availability.
- Provides a centralized console to perform security-related O&M and management operations. This reduces O&M costs.
- Synchronizes protection rules and threat intelligence from Alibaba Cloud WAF in real time. This helps better protect your services.
- Obtains threat intelligence of Alibaba Cloud and leverages the security operations capabilities of Alibaba Cloud. This helps accurately identify and block threats.
- Supports online elastic scale-out. This approach is flexible and controllable, and ensures stable performance.
For more information, see Editions and features.
- On the Web Application Firewall buy page, purchase a Hybrid Cloud WAF instance.
- In the Web Application Firewall console, deploy a protection cluster for Hybrid Cloud WAF. For more information, see Deploy a protection cluster for Hybrid Cloud WAF.
- In the Web Application Firewall console, add a website to the protection cluster for Hybrid Cloud WAF and complete the required configurations. For more information, see Add a website.