Before you use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up SQL Server databases deployed on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, you must register an Oracle instance in the HBR console.
- When you register an Oracle instance, you must configure the connection information about the Oracle instance. After the Oracle instance is registered, an ECS backup client is installed on each node of the Oracle instance.
- After an Oracle instance is registered, you can view the installation status of the ECS backup client on each node of the Oracle instance. Make sure that an ECS backup client is installed on all the nodes to be backed up. You can also upgrade, uninstall, or delete an ECS backup client based on your business needs.
Register a database instance
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Oracle. . On the ECS Database Backup page, click
- Select the region where the Oracle instance to be backed up resides.
- In the upper-right corner, click Register Database Instance.
- In the Select Database Instance step, all the databases in the current region are displayed. Select a database. Click Next.
- In the Authenticate step, set the required parameters as described in the following table.
Parameter Description Database Account The username of the database instance. Password The password of the database instance.
- Click Create.
After the registration is complete, you can view the details and status of the database instance on the Database Instance tab.