Before you use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up SQL Server databases deployed on ECS instances, you must register an SQL Server instance in the HBR console.
- When you register an SQL Server instance, you must set the connection parameters of the SQL Server instance. After the SQL Server instance is registered, an ECS backup client is installed on each node of the SQL Server instance.
- After an SQL Server instance is registered, you can view the installation status of the ECS backup client on each node of the SQL Server instance. Make sure that an ECS backup client is installed on all the nodes to be backed up. You can also upgrade, uninstall, or delete an ECS backup client based on your business needs.
Register a database instance
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose SQL Server. . On the ECS Database Backup page, click
- Select the region where the SQL Server instance to be backed up resides.
- In the upper-right corner, click Register Database Instance.
- In the Select Database Instance step, all the databases in the current region are displayed. Select a database. Click Next.
- In the Authenticate step, set the required parameters as described in the following table.
Parameter Description Database Account The username of the database instance. Password The password of the database instance.
- Click Create. After the registration is complete, you can view the details and status of the database instance on the Database Instance tab.