After you create and deploy an application in Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS), you may need to upgrade the application. If the application is a small-scale application or uses a simple architecture, you can deploy a new version to upgrade the application after you develop and test the application. This topic describes how to use the EDAS console to upgrade an application by using the release-to-all-at-once mode.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Applications. In the top navigation bar, select a region. In the upper part of the page, select a namespace.
- In the Cluster Type drop-down list on the Applications page, select Container Service or Serverless Kubernetes Cluster. Then, click the application that you want to manage.
- On the Application Overview page, choose in the upper-right corner.
- In the Release to All at Once section of the Select Deployment Mode page, click Start Deployment.
- On the Release to All at Once page, upload the application deployment package of the new version.
Parameter Description Application Runtime Environment Default value: Standard Java Application Runtime Environment Java Environment Select Open JDK 8, Open JDK 7, JDK 8, JDK 7, or Dragonwell 8. Current Environment The environment in which the application is running. This parameter is available only for applications that are deployed by using JAR packages or WAR packages. EDAS automatically upgrades the Java environment or application runtime environment to the latest version. File Uploading Method You can select Upload JAR Package or JAR Package Address.Note The file upload method must be the same as that selected for the release of the last application version. The file types include JAR packages, WAR packages, and images. A JAR package is used in this example. Upload JAR Package If you select Upload JAR Package for File Uploading Method, click Select File to select a JAR package. JAR Package Address If you select JAR Package Address for File Uploading Method, enter a JAR package address.Note If you enter the URL of an OSS file that has a signature, EDAS caches the file for subsequent operations, such as rollbacks and scale-outs, when you deploy the application. Version Enter the version of the JAR package. You can also click Use Timestamp as Version Number on the right side so that the corresponding timestamp is automatically generated. Time Zone Specify the time zone of the specified region in UTC.
- Optional:You can determine whether to configure Scheduling Rules, Startup Command, Environment Variables, Persistent Storage, Local Storage, Application Life Cycle Management, and Log Collection Settings as needed. For more information, see Use an image to deploy an application in a Container Service Kubernetes cluster and Configure advanced application settings (optional).
- After you set the parameters, click OK.
Verify the result
On the Change List page for the application, check the status of the release. If the value in the Change Status column is Succeeded, the release is successful.