Subscription cloud desktops have a validity period based on your subscription duration. To extend the validity period of a cloud desktop, you must renew it within the specified period. Otherwise, the cloud desktop is automatically released, and your data is permanently lost. This topic describes how to renew a subscription cloud desktop.
- Manual renewal allows you to manually renew a subscription cloud desktop at any time before it is released. A subscription cloud desktop is released seven days after it expires.
- Auto-renewal allows you to enable auto-renewal for a subscription cloud desktop before
it expires. When auto-renewal is enabled, the subscription cloud desktop is automatically
renewed when it reaches its expiration time. This prevents resources from being released
and data from being lost if you do not manually renew the cloud desktop.
Before you enable auto-renewal, take note of the following items:
- Auto-renewal can be enabled for cloud desktops only before they expire.
- After auto-renewal is enabled for a cloud desktop, the system deducts fees from the third day before the expiration date to renew the cloud desktop. Make sure that your account balance is sufficient. If the automatic fee deduction fails, the system sends emails to notify you. We recommend that you check your emails regularly to ensure that you renew your cloud desktops in time.
- If you renew a cloud desktop before the auto-renewal payment is deducted, auto-renewal is stopped for the current billing cycle.
Manually renew a cloud desktop
Before a subscription cloud desktop is released, you can manually renew it at any time.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, use one of the following methods to renew subscription cloud desktops:
- Select the subscription cloud desktop that you want to renew and click Renew in the Actions column.
- Select one or more subscription cloud desktops that you want to renew and click Renew in the lower part of the page.
- On the page that appears, specify the renewal duration. The renewal duration can be one month, two months, three months, six months, one year, two years, three years, four years, or five years.
- Confirm the configuration fees and click Confirm Order.
- Complete the payment.
Automatically renew a cloud desktop
- When you create a cloud desktop, you can determine whether to enable auto-renewal for the cloud desktop. If you select Enable Auto-renewal, the auto-renewal cycle is one month. You cannot change the auto-renewal cycle in this step. After auto-renewal is enabled, you can modify the renewal cycle on the Renewal page.
- Before the subscription cloud desktop expires, you can enable auto-renewal on the Renewal page. You can manually specify the renewal period.
This section describes how to enable auto-renewal on the Renewal page of Billing Management.
When you create a cloud desktop, you can determine whether to enable auto-renewal for the cloud desktop. Before the subscription cloud desktop expires, you can enable or disable auto-renewal as needed, or modify the renewal cycle of auto-renewal.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, choose .
- On the Renewal page, set Instances to Elastic Desktop Service.
- On the Manual tab, use one of the following methods to enable auto-renewal for cloud desktops:
- Find the cloud desktop for which you want to enable auto-renewal and click Enable Auto Renewal in the Actions column.
- Select one or more cloud desktops for which you want to enable auto-renewal and click Enable Auto Renewal in the lower part of the page.
- In the Enable Auto Renewal dialog box, specify the renewal period and click Auto Renew. The renewal period can be one month, two months, three months, six months, one year, two years, or three years.Note After auto-renewal is enabled for the cloud desktop, the cloud desktop is displayed on the Auto tab. You can view, modify, or cancel auto-renewal for the cloud desktop.