Database Backup (DBS) allows you to configure automatic access to a data source. This topic describes how to configure automatic access to ApsaraDB RDS instances. If your ApsaraDB RDS instances support the sandbox instance that is provided by DBS, the system creates a backup schedule that supports the sandbox feature for free.
- RDS MySQL
If your ApsaraDB RDS instances use local SSDs, the system creates a backup schedule that supports the sandbox feature for free. You can get a free trial of the sandbox feature in the backup schedule. You are not charged for backup, storage, networking, and sandboxing in the backup schedule.
For more information about how to use the sandbox feature, see Quick start.
- RDS SQL Server
- RDS PostgreSQL
- RDS MariaDB
- RDS PPAS
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Source. On the Data Source page, select a region in the upper-left corner.Note After you enable automatic access, the system connects to the ApsaraDB RDS instances only in the current region.
- Click Automatic access to the data source.
- Turn on Automatic access. In the Access to the data source section, select database engines.
- Click OK.
The system connects to the ApsaraDB RDS instances in the current region within 3 minutes. More instances require more time to connect.Note
- The system also connects to the new ApsaraDB RDS instances in the current region.
- You can delete an ApsaraDB RDS instance to which DBS automatically connects. If you delete an ApsaraDB RDS instance, DBS does not automatically reconnect to the ApsaraDB RDS instance. However, you can manually reconnect to the ApsaraDB RDS instance. For more information, see Add a data source.
- On the Data Source page, click the icon. The connected ApsaraDB RDS instances are displayed.
What to do next
Before you start a backup schedule, you must configure the account and password that are used to log on to a specific database after you configure automatic access to ApsaraDB RDS instances. For more information, see Configure the account and password for a data source and Back up one or more databases.