Database Backup (DBS) allows you to add databases that are deployed in different environments as data sources. This topic describes how to add a data source.
You are not charged when you add a data source. You are charged if you enable backup for the added data source. For more information about how to enable backup, see Back up one or more databases.
To add a data source, perform the following steps. An ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance is used in this example.
- Log on to the DBS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Source. On the Data Source page, select a region in the upper-left corner.
- On the Data Source page, click Add a data source.
- In the Add a data source dialog box, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Data source category The category of the data source. In this example, select Cloud database.Note For more information, see Supported data sources. Data source name The name of the data source. We recommend that you set a descriptive name that makes it easy to identify. Instance type The category of the database instance. In this example, select RDS Instance.Note If you select an ApsaraDB RDS instance that is automatically added as a data source, the system updates the original data source and does not add a new data source. For more information, see Configure automatic access to a data source. Database type The database engine. In this example, select MySQL. Database region The region where the database is deployed. You do not need to configure this parameter. By default, the system selects the region where the current database is deployed. RDS Instance ID The ID of the ApsaraDB RDS instance that you want to back up.Note You can view the ID of the instance in the ApsaraDB RDS console. Database Account The database account.Note
- You can view the database account in the ApsaraDB RDS console. The account must have the required permissions. For more information, see Database permissions.
- After you add a data source and configure a database account and password, you can change the database account and password in the DBS console. For more information, see Configure the account and password for a data source.
Password The database password.
- Click Test Connection.Note
- If the configured database account and password are valid, a message appears, indicating that the connection is successful.
- If the configured database account and password are invalid, a message appears, indicating that the connection fails. You can click Check to view the cause of failure.
- Click OK.
You can view the added data source on the Data Source page.
What to do next
After you add the data source, you can back up the data in the data source. For more information, see Back up one or more databases.