Alibaba Cloud Elastic Desktop Service (EDS) is upgraded after it incorporates the technology of Wuying. EDS is a secure, efficient, and easy-to-use cloud-based desktop service that can create and manage cloud desktops in a quick manner to provide a secure and flexible office system.
- Administrators: O&M administrators. Administrators can manage cloud desktops in a centralized manner. For example, administrators can manage workspaces, desktops, policies, images, networks, and storage.
- Regular users: cloud desktop users. Regular users can use the EDS client to connect to cloud desktops.
- Efficient and cost-effective management
- Allows you to create, assign, and release cloud desktops for efficient desktop delivery.
- Allows you to centrally manage cloud desktops for simple and efficient O&M.
- Provides CPU- and GPU-based specifications. You can create cloud desktops as needed. You are charged on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Secure and reliable data
- Allows you to store data on the cloud with high reliability.
- Relies on the fully managed infrastructure of Alibaba Cloud so that you do not have to take on the burden of infrastructure O&M.
- Allows you to flexibly configure security policies and provides features such as USB redirection, desktop watermarking, and centralized management of read and write permissions on local disks and clipboards.
- Audits operation log to enhance security.
- Secure and convenient access
- Allows you to connect to cloud desktops over the Internet or internal networks or by using dedicated lines.
- Uses security gateways to implement network isolation and ensure secure access.
- Allows you to use the EDS client for Windows and macOS to access cloud desktops anytime, anywhere.
- Supports USB redirection. You can connect peripherals such as USB flash drives and printers to cloud desktops.
- Integration with the AD systems of enterprises
- Allows you to connect EDS to the Active Directory (AD) systems of enterprises.
- Supports access across networks and regions to meet the requirements of remote management from large enterprises.
- Integration with cloud services
- Integrates with other Alibaba Cloud services to provide a variety of office solutions.
- Provides an all-in-one console to integrate with other Alibaba Cloud services and IT facilities and allows you to manage your desktop systems in an efficient manner.
- Cloud desktops: When you use a cloud desktop, you are charged for the computing resources (vCPUs, memory, and GPUs) and storage resources (system and data disks).
- AD connectors: If you want to connect EDS to the Active Directory (AD) systems of enterprises, you are charged for AD connectors when you create workspaces.
- Public bandwidth: If your cloud desktop requires Internet access, you must enable the Internet access feature for the corresponding workspace. In this case, you are charged on a pay-by-traffic basis.
- Shared storage: If your cloud desktops within the same workspace require file sharing, you must create an Apsara File Storage NAS file system for the workspace. In this case, you are charged based on the amount of used storage.
For more information, see Billing overview.