Alibaba Cloud Elastic Desktop Service (EDS) is a secure, efficient, and easy-to-use cloud-based desktop service that can help you quickly create and efficiently manage cloud desktops to provide a secure and flexible office system.
- Administrators: O&M administrators. Administrators manage cloud desktops in a centralized manner. For example, administrators can create, assign, and release cloud desktops.
- Regular users: cloud desktop users. Regular users can use the EDS client to connect to cloud desktops.
- Efficient and cost-effective management
- Allows you to create, assign, and release cloud desktops for efficient desktop delivery.
- Allows you to centrally manage cloud desktops for simple and efficient O&M.
- Provides CPU- and GPU-based specifications. You can create cloud desktops as needed. You are charged on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Secure and reliable data
- Allows you to store data on the cloud with high reliability.
- Relies on the fully managed infrastructure of Alibaba Cloud so that you do not have to take on the burden of infrastructure O&M.
- Allows you to flexibly configure security policies and provides features such as USB redirection, centralized management of read and write permissions on local disks and clipboards, and desktop watermarking.
- Secure and convenient access
- Allows you to connect to cloud desktops over the Internet and internal networks or by using dedicated lines.
- Uses security gateways to implement network isolation and ensure secure access.
- Allows you to access cloud desktops anytime, anywhere by using the EDS client installed in operating systems such as Windows and macOS.
- Supports USB redirection. You can connect peripherals such as USB flash drives and printers to cloud desktops.
- Integration with AD systems of enterprises
- Allows you to connect EDS to the Active Directory (AD) systems of enterprises.
- Supports access across networks and regions to meet the requirements of remote management from large enterprises.
- Integration with cloud services
- Integrates with other Alibaba Cloud services to provide a variety of office solutions.
- Provides an all-in-one console to integrate with other Alibaba Cloud services and IT facilities and allows you to manage your desktop systems in an efficient manner.
- Cloud desktops: When you use a cloud desktop, you are charged based on its specifications.
- AD directories: If you connect your Active Directory (AD) directories to an AD system of an enterprise, you are charged for the use of AD directories.
- Network usage: If your cloud desktops need to access the Internet, you must configure elastic IP addresses (EIPs) or NAT gateways for the cloud desktops. You are charged for the corresponding network usage.
For more information, see Billing overview.