You can create a migration project in the Advanced Database & Application Migration (ADAM) console. Then, you can migrate data from an Oracle database to a destination database based on database evaluation results. The migration project maximizes the compatibility between the source and destination databases by converting data types. ADAM also provides a schema migration tool that automatically converts data types based on the migration project.
- The source database is evaluated. For more information, see Evaluate databases.
- A destination database instance is created.
- If you migrate data to a PolarDB-X V1.0 instance, you must first create a database and bind it to an RDS instance. The database must have the same name as the schema on the instance.
- Log on to the ADAM console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- On the Transform and Migrate DB page, click Create Migration Project.
- In the Create Migration Project dialog box, enter a project name in the Project Name field, select a database from the Evaluate DB drop-down list, and select Solution Details.
- In the following example, the destination database resides in the China (Zhangjiakou)
- If you can access the destination database over a private network, you do not need to configure a public IP address. For information about how to add a private IP address to the destination database whitelist, see Configure the whitelist.
- You must add the following CIDR blocks to the destination database whitelist:
- Instance Region: the region where the destination database instance resides.
- PolarDB-OConnected VPC: the VPC of the PolarDB-O Connected VPC.
- Instances: the ID of the destination database instance.
- Host IP Address: the public endpoint of the destination database.
- Database Name: the name of the destination database.
- Encoding Method: the encoding method of the destination database. This parameter is optional.
- Port Number: the public port of the destination database.
- Username: the username of a privileged account or the administrator account used to log on to the destination database. If you migrate data to a PolarDB-X V1.0 instance, specify the name of the destination database as the username.
- Security Token: the password of the account.
- Select Online Transformation as the transformation type.
- Click Test Connectivity to perform a test. After the test succeeds, click Create.
- After the status of the project changes to
ACTIVE, click Details.