This topic describes how to configure health checks for a virtual border router (VBR) that is used to connect a data center to a Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) instance. After you configure health checks, you can monitor the network conditions of the data center.
- Log on to the CEN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Health Check.
- On the Health Check page, select the region where the VBR that you want to manage is created and click Set Health Check.
- On the Set Health Check page, set the health check parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description CEN Instances Select the CEN instance to which the VBR is attached. Virtual Border Router (VBR) Select the VBR for which you want to monitor network connections. Source IP
You can use one of the following methods to configure the source IP address:
- Automatic IP Address: If you select this option, the system automatically assigns an IP address from the 100.96.0.0/16 CIDR block.
- Custom IP Address: If you select this option, you must specify an idle IP address from the 10.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/16, or 172.16.0.0/12 CIDR block. The specified IP address must not conflict with the IP address of the VBR on the Alibaba Cloud side, the interface IP address of the customer-premises device that is connected to the VBR, or other IP addresses that the VBR communicates with within the CEN instance.
Destination IP The IP address of the VBR interface that is connected to the customer-premises device. Probe Interval (Seconds) The interval at which probe packets are sent for health checks. Unit: seconds.
Default value: 2. Valid values: 2 to 3.
Probe Packets The number of probe packets to be sent for health checks. Unit: packets.
Default value: 8. Valid values: 3 to 8.Note The system sends probe packets at the specified intervals. If the number of consecutively dropped packets reaches the specified number of probe packets, the network is considered unhealthy.