This topic describes how to create and associate endpoints with endpoint services. This allows you to establish PrivateLink connections between virtual private clouds (VPCs) and other Alibaba Cloud services.
- PrivateLink is available for use only in specific regions. For more information, see Regions and zones that support PrivateLink.
- If this is your first time using PrivateLink, go to the Activation page to enable PrivateLink.
- The ID or name of the endpoint service is obtained.
- The account ID of the endpoint owner is in the whitelist of the endpoint service that you want to access. For more information, see Add account IDs to the whitelist.
- A VPC is created to access the endpoint service. For more information, see Work with VPCs.
- A security group is created in the VPC. For more information, see Create a security group.
- Log on to the Endpoints console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create an endpoint.
- On the Endpoints page, click Create Endpoint.
- On the Create Endpoint page, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description Endpoint Name Enter a name for the endpoint.
The name must be 2 to 128 characters in length, and can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). The name must start with a letter.
Endpoints Service You can specify an endpoint service in one of the following ways:
Note You can associate an endpoint with only one endpoint service.
- Click Add by Service Name and enter an endpoint service name.
- Click Select Service and select an endpoint service ID.
VPC Select the VPC for which you want to create an endpoint. Security Groups Select the security group to be associated with the endpoint elastic network interface (ENI). The security group is used to control data transfer from the VPC to the endpoint ENI. Zone and vSwitch Select the zone of the endpoint service and select a vSwitch in the zone. The system automatically creates an endpoint ENI within the vSwitch. Description Enter a description for the endpoint.
The description must be 2 to 256 characters in length. It cannot start with
- If the associated endpoint service is set to automatically accept connection requests, you can use the endpoint to access the endpoint service.
- If the associated endpoint service is not set to automatically accept connection requests, the service administrator must manually accept connection requests to allow access from the endpoint. After connection requests are accepted, you can use the endpoint to access the endpoint service.