To use the anti-ransomware feature of Security Center, you must purchase and enable the feature.
Anti-ransomware is a value-added feature that is provided by Security Center. If you use the Anti-virus, Advanced, Enterprise, or Ultimate edition, you must purchase a specific amount of anti-ransomware capacity before you can use anti-ransomware data backup. If you use the Basic edition, you must upgrade Security Center to the Anti-virus, Advanced, Enterprise, or Ultimate edition or select Value-added Plan before you can use the anti-ransomware feature.
- Log on to the Security Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the General Anti-ransomware Solutions page, click Authorize.
- On the Cloud Resource Access Authorization page, click Confirm Authorization Policy. To use the anti-ransomware feature, you must assign the following roles to your account: AliyunHBRDefaultRole and AliyunECSAccessingHBRRole.
- Click Upgrade Now.
- In the Select a product version panel, click Upgrade.
Notice The anti-ransomware client supports a limited number of operating system versions. You cannot install the anti-ransomware client or back up data for servers that run unsupported operating system versions. For more information about the supported operating system versions, see Supported operating systems and versions. Before you purchase a specific amount of anti-ransomware capacity, make sure that your servers run supported operating system versions.
You can purchase an edition of Security Center based on your business requirements.
- You can purchase the Anti-virus, Advanced, Enterprise, Ultimate, or Value-added Plan edition. For more information about the features that each edition supports, see Features.
- The anti-ransomware capacity refers to the storage capacity that can be used to store the backup data of your Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances. We recommend that you purchase anti-ransomware capacity based on the actual size of data that requires protection. If you cannot estimate the data size, we recommend that you purchase an anti-ransomware capacity of 50 GB for each server. For more information, see Billing.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.
What to do next
After you enable the anti-ransomware feature, you must create anti-ransomware protection policies to protect your servers against ransomware. For more information about how to create anti-ransomware protection policies, see Create a protection policy.