Each listener is associated with one endpoint group, and each endpoint group contains one or more endpoints.
Each endpoint group is associated with a region. You can specify the region to which you want to distribute network traffic to an endpoint group and associate the group with a listener. Then, the system distributes network traffic to the optimal endpoint of the endpoint group.
- For a TCP or UDP listener, you can create only one default endpoint group.
- For an HTTP or HTTPS listener, you can create one default endpoint group and one virtual
Note By default, you can create only one virtual endpoint group. To create multiple virtual endpoint groups, submit a ticket.
- A default endpoint group refers to the endpoint group that you configure when you create an HTTP or HTTPS listener.
- A virtual endpoint group refers to the endpoint group that you can create on the Endpoint Group page after you create a listener.
After you create a virtual endpoint group for an HTTP or HTTPS listener, you can create a forwarding rule and associate the forwarding rule with the virtual endpoint group. Then, the HTTP or HTTPS listener forwards requests with different destination domain names or paths to the default or virtual endpoint group based on the forwarding rule. This way, you can use one Global Accelerator (GA) instance to accelerate access to multiple domain names or paths. For more information about how to create a forwarding rule, see Manage forwarding rules.
- You can specify ECS or SLB as the backend service type only if your account is added to the whitelist of GA. To specify ECS or SLB as the backend service type, submit a ticket.
- Only an ECS instance or SLB instance that resides in a virtual private cloud (VPC) can be specified as an endpoint.
- The public IP address of an endpoint group is exclusive for your use.
You can specify a weight for an endpoint. The weight specifies the proportion of traffic that is forwarded to the endpoint. GA calculates the sum of all endpoint weights in an endpoint group. Then, traffic is forwarded to each endpoint based on the proportion of each endpoint.