After your data center is connected to an access point through an Express Connect circuit, you must add the associated virtual border router (VBR) to a Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) instance. The CEN instance must be connected to the virtual private cloud (VPC) that you want to access. This enables private communication between the data center and Alibaba Cloud.
- The data center is connected to an access point through an Express Connect circuit. In addition, a VBR is created for the Express Connect circuit.
- A CEN instance is created and the VPC that you want to access is connected to the CEN instance. For more information, see Create a CEN instance.
Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) can be used to build a global network that consists of interconnected hybrid clouds and distributed systems. CEN can automatically learn and distribute routes. This accelerates network convergence and the quality and security of cross-network communication.
Network instances such as VPCs, VBRs, and Cloud Connect Network (CCN) instances that are connected to the same CEN instance can communicate with each other through free and private connections. To enable communication between a VBR and a VPC that are created in different regions, you must purchase a bandwidth plan and allocate bandwidth to the cross-region connection. For example, the VBR is created in the China (Hangzhou) region, and the VPC is created in the US (Silicon Valley) region. You must purchase a bandwidth plan and allocate bandwidth to the connection between the two regions. For more information, see Allocate bandwidth to cross-region connections.
- Log on to the Express Connect console.
- Select the region where the VBR is created.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Virtual Border Routers (VBRs).
- Click the ID of the VBR that is associated with the Express Connect circuit. On the page that appears, click Join CEN.
- In the Join CEN panel, select the CEN instance to which you want to connect the VBR and click OK.
After you connect the VBR to the CEN instance, the data center can communicate with other network instances such as VPCs in the CEN instance.