This topic describes how to establish a private network communication channel between an on-premises data center and an Alibaba Cloud Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) after you connect the on-premises data center to an Alibaba cloud access point through a physical connection. To do so, you must add the Virtual Border Router (VBR) associated with the physical connection to the Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) instance with which the VPC is associated.
CEN can help you build a global network that combines a hybrid cloud and a distributed business system. Through automatic route distribution and learning, CEN improves the network convergence, and the quality and security of cross-network communication.
- Log on to the Express Connect console.
- Select the region of the VBR that is associated with the physical connection.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Find the target VBR and click the VBR ID. On the page that appears, click Join CEN.
- Select the CEN instance with which the VPC is associated and click OK.
After you add the VBR to the CEN instance, the on-premises data center can communicate with all network instances in the CEN instance.
- If the VBR and VPC to be connected belong to different regions, for example, the VBR belongs to the China (Hangzhou) region and the VPC belongs to the US (Silicon Valley) region, you must purchase a bandwidth package and set a cross-region connection bandwidth. For more information, see Set a cross-region connection bandwidth.