The data backup feature allows you to back up Domain Name System (DNS) records on a regular basis. You can restore DNS records to a specific backup with efficiency. This minimizes impacts on your business that are caused by the loss of DNS records.
1. The data backup feature is available only in the paid editions of Alibaba Cloud DNS. The following table describes the limits on this feature in different editions.
Enterprise Standard Edition
Enterprise Ultimate Edition
2. If you downgrade the service edition to Individual Edition or Free Edition, the editing and restoration operations become unavailable. However, you can still view and delete backup plans and download backups.
3. Only data in the last three days can be stored, regardless of the backup frequency.
1. Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
2. On the Manage DNS page, click the More Services tab. Then, click Use Now in the Data Backup section.
3. On the Data Backup page, click Create a backup plan.
4. Select the domain name whose DNS records you want to back up from the drop-down list and specify a backup frequency. For more information about the backup frequency, see the table in the Limits section.
5. In the backup plan list, click Edit in the Actions column of a backup plan to change the backup frequency.
6. In the backup plan list, click Recovery in the Actions column of a backup plan and select a backup version to restore DNS records to the backup at the specified point in time. Alibaba Cloud DNS provides smooth data restoration. The restoration process does not interrupt your business. After the restoration process is complete, click View Details to view the restoration result.
7. In the backup plan list, click View in the Actions column of a backup plan and select a backup version to download the backup at the specified point in time.
8. In the backup plan list, click Delete in the Actions column of a backup plan to delete the backup plan. This operation does not delete your DNS records.