This article describes how to push firmware files to devices by using the IoT Platform console. To complete the process, you must perform the following operations: add an update package, verify the update package, and start a batch update.
- The Update devices by using OTA feature is supported on the devices to be updated.
Only devices for which the OTA service is enabled can report firmware versions, receive update messages from IoT Platform, download firmware, and perform OTA update operations.
- A firmware file is generated based on your business requirements. For more information about generation methods and sample files, see Configure OTA update for devices.
- Log on to the IoT Platform console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the OTA Update page, click Add Update Package.
- Set the required parameters, upload the firmware file as the update package, and then
click OK.The following table describes some parameters. For more information about how to set other parameters, see Push an update package to devices.
Parameter Value Types of Update Packages Full Update Package Module default Update Package Version 2-0-0 Signature Algorithm MD5
- On the Update Package tab, click Verify in the Actions column of the update package. IoT Platform verifies the update package
by using a device. For more information, see Push an update package to devices.If the device is updated, it indicates that the verification succeeds. Then, the Batch Update button becomes available.
- Click Batch Update, configure the required update scope and update policy, and then click OK to push update notifications to devices in batches. For more information, see Push an update package to devices.
View device logs
After IoT Platform pushes OTA update notifications, you can view the information about the OTA update from the logs of the devices. The logs include the notifications, processing details, firmware information, update progress, and reporting time.
- The following log example includes an update notification that is received by a device.
- The following log example includes the information of a new firmware version. The log example also includes the details about how a device connects to the download link of the firmware.
- The following log example includes the details about how a device downloads a firmware file and reports the progress.