This topic describes how to convert the public IP address of an ECS instance to an elastic IP address (EIP), and then associate the ECS instance with an EIP bandwidth plan. This allows you to manage public IP addresses in a uniform way.
Step 1: Convert the public IP address of an ECS instance to an EIP
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the top navigation bar, select the region where the target ECS instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, find the target ECS instance, and choose in the Actions column.
- In the Convert to EIP dialog box, click OK.
Step 2: Associate the ECS instance with an EIP bandwidth plan
For more information about this step, see:
- Log on to the EIP bandwidth plan console.
- On the top menu bar, select the region of the EIP bandwidth plan.
- On the Internet Shared Bandwidth page, find the target EIP bandwidth plan, and click Add IP in the Actions column.
- In the Add IP dialog box, click the Select from EIP List tab.
- Select the EIP that is associated with an ECS instance and click OK.Note After the EIP is associated with an EIP bandwidth plan, the maximum bandwidth of the EIP equals that of the EIP bandwidth plan. In addition, the billing of the EIP stops, regardless of whether it is billed by traffic or bandwidth.