OSS provides transfer acceleration to help your enterprise reach its full potential across all Alibaba Cloud regions. OSS uses data centers distributed around the globe to implement transfer acceleration. When a data transfer request is sent, it is resolved and routed over the optimal network path and protocol to the data center where your bucket is located. Transfer acceleration speeds up the time taken to access OSS to improve customer experience and make business closer to customers.
- When you enable or disable transfer acceleration, it takes about 30 minutes for the configurations to take effect.
- After transfer acceleration is enabled, you must use the accelerate endpoint to accelerate access.
- When the endpoint of your tool is set to an accelerate endpoint, you can perform operations only on the bucket that has transfer acceleration enabled.
- When transfer acceleration is enabled, other endpoints still function normally. You can switch between endpoints at any time.
- Transfer acceleration applies to acceleration of access over the Internet.
- To ensure the security of data transfer, transfer acceleration changes the transfer protocol to HTTPS as needed. Therefore, if you access OSS over HTTPS, the actual accelerate endpoint-based URL uses HTTPS. If you access OSS over HTTPS, the actual accelerate endpoint-based URL may be changed to HTTPS.
For more information about transfer acceleration, see Transfer acceleration.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- Click Buckets, and then click the name of the target bucket.
- Choose .
- Click Configure to turn on or turn off Transfer Acceleration.
- Click Save.
After transfer acceleration is enabled, an accelerate endpoint is generated for the bucket. The format of the accelerate endpoint is BucketName.oss-accelerate.aliyuncs.com. Additional fees are charged when you use transfer acceleration. For more information, visit the Object Storage Service Pricing page.Note
- Alternatively, on the Overview tab, find the Domain Names section. Click in the Bucket Domain Name column corresponding to Transfer-Acceleration-based Access. In the Transfer Acceleration dialog box that appears, turn on Enable Transfer Acceleration. Click Save.
You can compare the access speeds from different regions when using the accelerate and regular endpoints. For more information, see The Comparison of OSS Direct Data Transfer and Accelerated Data Transfer in Different Regions.