OSS can use transfer acceleration to help your enterprise reach its full potential across all Alibaba Cloud regions. OSS uses data centers distributed around the globe to implement transfer acceleration. After a data transfer request is sent, it is resolved and then smartly routed over an optimal network path and protocol to the data center where your bucket is located. Transfer acceleration allows customers to access OSS more quickly to improve customer experience and make business closer to customers.
- After you enable or disable transfer acceleration, it takes about 30 minutes for configurations to take effect.
- The maximum bandwidth can reach 1 Gbit/s when you use an accelerate endpoint to access a bucket that has transfer acceleration enabled.
- After transfer acceleration is enabled, you must use the accelerate endpoint to accelerate access.
- When your tool has Endpoint set to an accelerate endpoint, you can perform operations only on the bucket that has transfer acceleration enabled.
- After transfer acceleration is enabled, other endpoints provided by OSS can be accessed properly. You can switch between endpoints at any time.
- Transfer acceleration applies for acceleration of access over the Internet.
- To secure data transfers, the acceleration logic of actual transfer acceleration uses HTTPS for data transfers as required. Therefore, if you use HTTPS for access, the actual accelerate endpoint-based URL uses HTTPS. If you use HTTP for access, the actual acceleration endpoint-based URL may be changed to HTTPS.
For more information about transfer acceleration, see Transfer acceleration.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click the name of a bucket to access the Overview tab.
- Click the Basic Settings tab. Find the Transfer Acceleration section.
- Click Configure. Turn on or turn off Enable Transfer Acceleration.
- Click Save.
After transfer acceleration is enabled, an accelerate endpoint is generated for the bucket. The format of the accelerate endpoint is BucketName.oss-accelerate.aliyuncs.com. Additional fees are charged when you use transfer acceleration. For more information, visit the OSS pricing page.Note
You can compare the access speeds of different regions between the accelerate and regular endpoints as instructed in The Comparison of OSS Direct Data Transfer and Accelerated Data Transfer in Different Regions.