This topic describes how to use DbVisualizer to connect to an AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster.
Before you use DbVisualizer, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- You have familiarized yourself with the compatibility of DBeaver with AnalyticDB for MySQL. For more information, see Compatibility overview.
- MySQL Connector/J is installed.
- DbVisualizer is installed.
- The IP address of the device on which DbVisualizer is installed is added to the whitelist of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. For more information, see Configure a whitelist.
- A public endpoint is applied for if you need to use a public endpoint to connect to AnalyticDB for MySQL clusters. For more information, see Apply for or release a public endpoint.
- Start DbVisualizer and choose New Connection Wizard dialog box that appears, enter a name for the connection to facilitate subsequent
. In the
- Click Next and select MySQL as the database driver from the drop-down list.
- Click Next and configure the connection parameters.
Parameter Description Notes The description of the connection. Database Server The endpoint of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster to which you want to connect. You can view the connection information about the cluster on the Cluster Information page of the AnalyticDB for MySQL console. Database Port The port number of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster endpoint. The default port number is 3306. Database The name of the database in the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. Database Userid The account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. You can use one of the following accounts:
- Privileged account
- Standard account
Database Password The password of the account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster.
- After you configure the preceding parameters, click Ping Server to test connectivity. After the connection passes the test, click Finish.
After the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster is connected, you can manage data through DbVisualizer.