This topic describes how to use DBeaver to connect to an AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster.
DBeaver is a free and open-source database management tool distributed under General Public License (GPL). It is designed for developers and database administrators. DBeaver supports databases that are compatible with Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, and Sybase. DBeaver provides a graphical user interface (GUI), on which you can view database schemas, execute SQL statements and scripts, view and export data, and process binary large object (BLOB) or character large object (CLOB) data.
Before you use DBeaver, complete the following steps:
- Install DBeaver.
- Install the MySQL JDBC driver.
- Add the IP address of the device on which DBeaver is installed to the whitelist of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. For more information, see Configure a whitelist.
- Apply for a public endpoint before you can use it to connect to AnalyticDB for MySQL clusters. For more information, see Apply for or release a public endpoint.
- Start DBeaver and choose Database > New Connection.
- In the Create new connection dialog box that appears, select MySQL as the connection type and click Next.
- On the General tab of the Create new connection dialog box, configure the connection parameters as required.
Parameter Description Server Host The endpoint of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster to which you want to connect. You can view the connection information about the cluster on the Cluster Information page of the AnalyticDB for MySQL console. Port Number The port number of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster endpoint. The default port number is 3306. Database The name of the database in the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. User Name The account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. You can use one of the following accounts:
- Privileged account
- Standard account
Password The password of the account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster.
- After you configure the preceding parameters, click Test Connection. After the connection passes the test, click Finish to connect to the cluster.