DBeaver is a free and open source database management tool distributed under General Public License (GPL). It is designed for developers and database administrators. DBeaver supports databases that are compatible with Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and Sybase. DBeaver provides a graphical user interface (GUI) that can be used to view and modify database schemas, execute SQL statements and scripts, view and export data, and process binary large object (BLOB) or character large object (CLOB) data.
Before you use DBeaver, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- You have familiarized yourself with the compatibility of DBeaver with AnalyticDB for MySQL. For more information, see Compatibility overview.
- DBeaver is installed.
- MySQL Connector/J is installed.
- The IP address of the device on which DBeaver is installed is added to the whitelist of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. For more information, see Configure a whitelist.
- A public endpoint is applied for if you need to use a public endpoint to connect to AnalyticDB for MySQL clusters. For more information, see Apply for or release a public endpoint.
- Start DBeaver and choose Database > New Connection.
- In the Create new connection dialog box that appears, select MySQL as the connection type and click Next.
- On the General tab of the Create new connection dialog box, configure the connection parameters.
Parameter Description Server Host The endpoint of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster to which you want to connect. You can view the connection information about the cluster on the Cluster Information page of the AnalyticDB for MySQL console. Port Number The port number of the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster endpoint. The default port number is 3306. Database The name of the database in the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. User Name The account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster. You can use one of the following accounts:
- Privileged account
- Standard account
Password The password of the account used to connect to the AnalyticDB for MySQL cluster.
- After you configure the preceding parameters, click Test Connection. After the connection passes the test, click Finish to connect to the cluster.