This topic describes how to create a custom policy. Custom policies provide finer-grained access control than system policies.
You have a basic knowledge of the policy elements, structure, and syntax. For more information, see Policy structure and syntax.
- Log on to the RAM console with an Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Policies under Permissions.
- On the Policies page, click Create Policy.
- On the page that appears, set the Policy Name and Note parameters.
- In the Configuration Mode section, select Visualized or Script.
- If you select Visualized, click Add Statement. In the dialog box that appears, specify the permission effect, actions, and resources, and then click OK.
- If you select Script, edit the policy in the Policy Document section. For more information, see Policy structure and syntax.
- Click OK.