You can add a tab widget to a dashboard and add multiple tabs to display charts. This topic describes how to add and configure a tab widget.
Add a tab widget
- In the top navigation bar, click Workspace. On the page that appears, click Dashboards in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the Dashboards page, click Create Dashboard.
If you use the Quick BI Enterprise Standard edition, you must select a mode. You can select Standard or Full Screen. In this example, the Standard mode is used.
- On the top of the canvas, click the icon to add a tab widget.
- On the dashboard editing page, you can perform the following operations:
Configure a tab widget
- Configure a title for a tab.
On the canvas, click a tab and enter a title for the tab.
- Add a tab.
On the canvas, click the icon. A tab is added and the tab is displayed at the rightmost position.
- Change the position of a tab.
Move the pointer over the tab for which you want to change the position. When the icon is displayed on the left side of the tab, drag and drop the tab to adjust the position.
- Copy a tab.
Move the pointer over the tab that you want to copy, click the icon next to the tab, and then click Copy.
- Delete a tab.
Move the pointer over the tab that you want to delete, click the icon next to the tab, and then click Delete.
- Add a tab at a specified position.
Move the pointer over the tab next to which you want to add a tab, click the icon next to the tab, and then click Add Label to Right.
Configure the style for a tab widget
- In the Basic Information section, configure a title and the font color of the title.
- Title: You can customize a title for the tab widget. We recommend that you customize a title based on the charts that are displayed on the widget. The title can be in the Chart type-Chart name format.
- : You can specify a font color for the title.
- Description: Enter a description. The description provides supplementary information about the title.
- In the layout section, configure the Custom Tab Layout, Tab Layout, Tab Height, and Top Tab Title parameters.
- You can set the Custom Tab Layout parameter to Underline, Vertical Divider, or Colored Background.
- You can set the Tab Layout parameter to Left, Center, or Right.
- You can set the Tab Height parameter to Auto Height or Custom Height.
- If you select Auto Height, the system automatically adjusts the height of the tab widget based on the content on the tabs and you cannot manually adjust the height.
- If you select Custom Height, you can drag the tab widget to adjust the height.
- You can select Top Tab Title to fix the title bar of the tab widget at the top of
When a dashboard displays a large amount of content and users need to scroll the page to view information, the title bar of the tab widget can be fixed at the top of the dashboard.
- In the Labels section, manage tabs.
- Click Add Tab Page to add a tab. The new tab is displayed at the rightmost position.
- Click the icon to copy the current tab.
- Click the icon to hide the current tab.
- Click the icon to delete the current tab.
- Move the pointer over to a tab. When the icon is displayed on the left side of the tab, drag and drop the tab to change the position of the tab.
Copy a tab widget
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the tab widget that you want to copy.
- Click Copy. A duplicate tab widget is created.
Delete a tab widget
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the tab widget that you want to delete.
- Click Delete. The widget is deleted.