After you enable the Clouf Firewall, the following issues may occur:
- You cannot log on to your ECS instance.
- You cannot access the service running on your instance.
- Your ECS instances cannot access external networks.
Troubleshoot the Internet firewall
- Verify the Internet firewall is enabled for your asset. If it is disabled, skip this step.
- Check the access records on the
- If no relevant record is found, this means that the request is dropped before it reaches the firewall.
- If you find the record of the request and the action is Discard, this means that the request is blocked by the internal firewall. Find the relevant
event on the tab page, and then confirm the module that performs the Discardaction according to the information in the Criterion column.
- If the Criterion shows Access Control, then you must check the configuration of the relevant access control policy.
- If the column shows Basic Protection, Virtual Patches, or Threat Intelligence, then you must go to the tab page to disable the relevant module.
- If you find the record of the request and the action is Allow or Monitor, this means that the request is not blocked by the Internet firewall. You must troubleshoot the internal firewall and security groups.
Troubleshoot the internal firewall and security group
Log on to the ECS console, click the ECS instance where the connection failure occurs, and click Security Groups in the left-side navigation pane. Verify the Action of the rules in the security group is set to Allow.
If the issue still exists, submit a ticket.