This topic describes how to configure Backint and log backup settings for SAP HANA databases.
- Log on to the Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) console.
- Make sure that an SAP HANA instance is registered. On the ECS Application Backup page, select SAP HANA. On the page that appears, click the SAP HANA Instance tab.
- Click the instance name or ID of the target SAP HANA instance.
- On the page that appears, click the Database tab to view the status of all databases on the SAP HANA instance.
- Find the target database and choose in the Actions column.
- In the Config Backup pane that appears, set the parameters as described in the following table.
Parameter Required Description Backint Settings Data Backup Config File No The configuration file that contains Backint parameters for data backup.Note
- We recommend that you use the same Backint configuration file for both log backup and catalog backup.
- If an SAP HANA database is deployed on multiple nodes, you must configure a Backint configuration file for each node.
Use same file in Log and Catalog backup No Specifies whether to use the selected Backint configuration file for both log backup and catalog backup. We recommend that you select this check box. Log Backup Config File No The configuration file that contains Backint parameters for log backup. Catalog Backup Config File No The configuration file that contains Backint parameters for catalog backup. Catalog backup to Backint No Specifies whether to use Backint to back up catalogs. We recommend that you turn on this switch to improve the backup performance.Notice If you turn off this switch, you cannot restore the database across instances. Log Backup settings Auto Log Backup Yes Specifies whether to regularly back up logs. Log Backup to Backint Yes Specifies whether to use Backint to back up logs. Log Backup Interval Yes The interval for backing up logs.Note We recommend that you set the log backup interval to at least 15 minutes. If you want to set a shorter interval, go to SAP HANA Studio or SAP HANA Cockpit.
- Click Create.