Server Load Balancer Product Upgrade Notification (Finished)
We found a potential impact of stability in Alibaba Cloud load balancing product which needs to be repaired as soon as possible, so we will upgrade configuration from April 18 to April 19.
Details of the upgrade:
April 18 1:00~8:00 (EST), US Eastern region 1 and US Western region 1 in sequence.
April 19 1:00~8:00 (UTC+8), each region in mainland China, Hong Kong, southeast Asia-Pacific, northeast Asia-Pacific region 1, central Europe region1, east of Middle East region 1 in sequence.
Although we will isolate the device before executing the network configuration upgrade to circumvent the major impact of business, there will still be a partial connection failure after the equipment isolation and equipment changes.
User impact during the upgrade:
For SLB instance four-layer monitoring (TCP/UDP), only short connections will be affected, which can be restored by reconnecting.
For SLB instance seven-layer listening (HTTP/HTTPS), both long connections and short connections will be affected, which can be restored by reconnecting.
It is recommended that you enable automatic reconnection mechanism to minimize the business impact of connection flash.
We will be closely concerned during the upgrade. If there is any exception, please open a ticket anytime.
1. Regions: US East 1, US West 1
- Change window: EST 1:00AM-8:00AM, April 18 (Beijing time 1:00PM-8:00PM, April 18)
- Status: SLB change completed, no abnormal observed. Change time: EST 1:00AM-7:58AM, April 18
2. Regions: Mainland China, Hong Kong, southeast Asia-Pacific, northeast Asia-Pacific region 1, central Europe region1, east of Middle East region 1
- Change window: Beijing time 1:00AM-8:00AM, April 19 (EST 1:00PM-8:00PM, April 18)
- Status: SLB change completed, no abnormal observed. Change time: Beijing time 1:00AM-6:08AM, April 19
Thank you for your understanding and support!