This topic describes the billing methods of AnalyticDB for MySQL.
AnalyticDB for MySQL supports the following billing methods.
- The subscription method is a prepayment plan. You must pay an upfront subscription
fee when you create a cluster.
- We recommend that you select this billing method if you have long-term requirements
because it is more cost-effective than pay-as-you-go billing. Longer subscription
periods have larger discounts.
- You cannot switch the billing method of a cluster from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- The pay-as-you-go method is a postpayment plan. The system generates a bill every
hour and deducts the corresponding amount from your account balance.
- Pay-as-you-go is cost-effective for short-term requirements such as testing, because
the cluster can be released at any time to save costs. After the resource usage becomes
stable, you can change the billing method.