This topic describes how to change the billing method of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- Your RDS instance uses the subscription billing method. For more information about the billing methods of ApsaraDB RDS, see Billable items, billing methods, and pricing.
- Your RDS instance is in the Running state.
Note If a subscription RDS instance is locked due to expiration, you must first renew the RDS instance. For more information, see Manually renew an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- Your RDS instance does not use a phased-out instance type. For more information, see Primary ApsaraDB RDS instance types. If your RDS instance uses a phased-out instance type, you must change the instance type before you change the billing method of your RDS instance to pay-as-you-go.
After you change the billing method of your RDS instance to pay-as-you-go, a refund is returned based on the original payment method.
Refund = Fee actually paid - Fee for consumed resources
- The fee actually paid is the money that you paid and does not include the amount that is covered by coupons or vouchers.
- The fee for consumed resources is calculated based on the following formula: Fee for
consumed resources = Daily fee × Consumed subscription duration × Discount for the
consumed subscription duration. The daily fee is equal to the order-specific fee divided
Note The consumed subscription duration is accurate to days. The part that is less than one day is counted as one day.
When you switch your RDS instance to the pay-as-you-go billing method, the workloads on your RDS instance run as normal.
Note If you want to use the RDS instance for a long period of time, we recommend that you use the subscription billing method because the subscription billing method is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method and you are offered more discounts for longer subscription durations.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the RDS instance resides.
- Find the RDS instance and use one of the following methods to go to the Switch to Pay-as-you-go Billing page:
- Click Switch to Pay-as-you-go Billing in the Billing Method column.
- Click the instance ID. In the Status section of the page that appears, click Convert to Pay as you go on the right of Billing Method.
- Confirm the configuration of your RDS instance, read and select Terms of Service, click Pay Now, and then complete the payment.
|Change billing method||Changes the billing method of an instance.|