When you log on to a MongoDB database from a Linux instance by using the Mongo Shell, the following error message is displayed.
MongoDB shell version v3 4.10 connecting to: mongodb:ali123456XXXXXX.mongodb.rds.aliyuncs.com:3717/ 2018-12-18T14:26:11.946+0800 E QUERY [thread1] Error: network error while attempting to run command 'isMaster' on host 'ft123XXXXX.mongodb.rds.aliyuncs.com:3717' : connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:237:13 @(connect):1:6 exception: connect failed
The IP address of the Linux instance is not added to the whitelist of the apsaradb for MongoDB instance.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- You can modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. Before the modification, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted sensitive information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
Add the IP address of the Linux instance to a whitelist of the apsaradb for MongoDB instance. For more information, see set a whitelist.
- Connect to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance over the Internet
- How to connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when their network types are different
- How to connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when they are in different regions
- How to connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when they do not belong to the same Alibaba Cloud account
- ApsaraDB for MongoDB