Visit the Purchase Page of Simple Application Server.
Select the Ubuntu image.
After the server has been created, click the Connect button on the Simple Application Server card on the Servers page.
Enter the following command to retrieve the latest suite information.
Enter the following command to install VNC. Enter Y to confirm the installation.
apt-get install vnc4server
Enter the following command to start VNC.
When you see
New 'iZbp1idfrdpf1c3its2hpkZ:1 (root)' desktop is iZbp1idfrdpf1c3its2hpkZ:1,it means VNC has been started.
- Install basics for x-windows.
sudo apt-get install x-window-system-core
- Install logon manager.
sudo apt-get install gdm
- Install Ubuntu desktop.
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
- Install GNOME supporting software.
sudo apt-get install gnome-panel gnome-settings-daemon metacity nautilus gnome-terminal
- Modify the VNC configuration file.
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
# exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
- Terminate the original desktop process, and enter the following command (wherein, 1 is the number of the desktop):
vncserver -kill :1
- Enter the following command to generate a new session:
- The 5900 and 5901 ports are required to activate the VNC service. For more information, see the description of firewall.
After VNC is installed. Connect to Ubuntu by using IP address:1.
Enter the VNC password set before, and click OK to connect.
After the connection has been established, you can see the Ubuntu desktop.