Web Application Firewall (WAF) 3.0 introduces security capacity units (SeCUs) to calculate fees for pay-as-you-go bills. You can use SeCU resource plans to reduce costs. This topic describes how to purchase and use SeCU resource plans.
- The unit price of a SeCU is USD 0.01.
- The SeCU usage is measured every hour. For example, the SeCU usage is measured from 10:00:00 to 10:59:59.
- The SeCU usage is rounded up to the nearest integer. For example, if only 0.5 SeCUs are used during the period from 10:00:00 to 10:59:59, you are charged 1 SeCU during the period.
- The subscription billing method is used.
- Each SeCU resource plan has a validity period.
- After a SeCU resource plan is exhausted or expired, your account balance is used to settle the bill.
- The account balance in your Alibaba Cloud account can be used to settle a bill only if the account balance is sufficient.
Effective time and offset time
After you purchase a SeCU resource plan, the SeCU resource plan immediately takes effect. Fees are offset 3 to 4 hours after resources are consumed.
- One-month SeCU resource plans: 10,000, 100,000, 500,000, 1 million, and 5 million
- One-year SeCU resource plans: 100,000, 500,000, 1 million, 5 million, 10 million, and 50 million
If you have purchased more than one SeCU resource plan, the SeCU resource plans are used based on their expiration dates. SeCU resource plans whose expiration dates are earlier are used first. If the expiration dates of the SeCU resource plans are the same, the SeCU resource plans are used based on the purchase dates. The SeCU resource plans that are purchased earlier are used first. For example, if you purchased a SeCU resource plan in the 50 million specification on January 01, 2022 and purchased a SeCU resource plan in the same specification on March 01, 2022, the earlier SeCU resource plan is used first.
SeCU resource plans support a validity period of one month or one year. After you purchase a SeCU resource plan, the SeCU resource plan immediately takes effect. We recommend that you use up the SeCU resource plan within the validity period. After the SeCU resource plan expires, the remaining resources in the resource plan cannot be unsubscribed and you cannot apply for a refund for the remaining resources.
After a SeCU resource plan expires, the SeCU resource plan cannot be used to offset the fees for pay-as-you-go bills. You need to purchase SeCU resource plans again.
Purchase a SeCU resource plan
- Go to the WAF 3.0 SeCU Resource Plan buy page.
- Configure the Resource Plan Specifications, Validity Period, and Quantity parameters.
- Confirm the configurations, click Buy Now, and complete the payment. SeCU resource plans cannot be renewed or upgraded. If the purchased resource plan cannot meet your business requirements, you can use the following methods to resolve the issue:
- Purchase multiple SeCU resource plans. You can select a custom value for the Quantity parameter.
- Purchase a SeCU resource plan in a larger specification.