Instances are the basic unit of management for resources in Tablestore. You can control access and collect statistics on used resources for each instance by using Tablestore. After you create an instance in the Tablestore console, you can create and manage tables for the instance.
- Log on to the Tablestore console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region such as China (Hangzhou) or China (Shenzhen).
The console displays the instance types that are available in the region.
- Click Create Instance.
- In the Billing Method dialog box, set Instance Name, Instance Type, and Instance Description. For more information about the naming conventions of instances and how to select an instance type, see Instance.Notice
- The instance type cannot be changed after the instance is created.
- Each Alibaba Cloud account can create a maximum of 10 instances. The name of an instance must be unique within the region in which the instance resides.
- Click OK.
What to do next
You can view the instances that you created in the selected region on the Overview page. The All Instances page displays all the created instances grouped by region.
- Click the name of an instance or click Manage Instance in the Actions column corresponding to the instance. On the Instance Management page, you can click different tabs to view and perform different sets of operations.
- On the Instance Details tab, you can view the details in the Instance Access URL, Basic Information, and Tables sections.
- On the Instance Monitoring tab, you can view monitoring data filtered by the Time Range, Categories, and Operation Type conditions.
- On the Network Management tab, you can modify the network type used to access the instance. You can bind a virtual private cloud (VPC) to or unbind the VPC from the instance and view the list of VPCs that are bound to the instance.
- On the Deliver Data to OSS tab, you can create a data delivery task to deliver data from a Tablestore table
to an OSS bucket and store the data in the bucket. For more information, see Quick start.
Notice Data delivery is available in the China (Hangzhou), China (Shanghai), China (Beijing), and China (Zhangjiakou) regions.
- Click Release in the Actions column to release an instance.
- Before you release an instance, ensure that all tables are deleted, and VPCs are unbound from the instance.
- To avoid conflicts, make sure that the name of the instance you want to create is different from that of the instance you want to release.