When a Smart Access Gateway (SAG) device connects to Alibaba Cloud, the connection may become unstable if the Internet performance is poor. In this case, you can change the access point. SAG allows you to use cloud services in a more flexible and stable manner.
An access point connects SAG devices to Cloud Connect Network (CCN). After an SAG instance is associated with a CCN instance, the SAG devices that belong to the SAG instance are automatically connected to the nearest access points. You can change the access points based on business requirements. CCN provides a wide variety of access points on a global scale. The following lists the access points.
|Chinese mainland||Xi'an, Wuhan, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Qingdao, Chengdu, Hangzhou, Beijing, Guangzhou, Nanning, Nanjing, Xiamen, Hohhot, Shijiazhuang, Chongqing, Guiyang, Kunming, Changsha, Zhengzhou, Shenyang, and Dalian|
|Outside Chinese mainland||Frankfurt, UK, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Jakarta, Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul, Santa Clara, Virginia, Ashburn, and Johannesburg|
You can change the access points only of SAG devices and vCPE devices.
- Log on to the SAG console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region.
- On the Smart Access Gateway page, click the ID of the SAG instance.
- On the Basic Info tab, click Switch next to Access Point.
- In the Change Access Point dialog box, select an access point and click OK. Note If the selected access point fails, Alibaba Cloud automatically switches to another healthy access point. After the access point recovers, you can manually switch back to the access point as needed.
- ListAccessPoints: queries access points.
- UpdateSmartAGAccessPoint: changes the access point of an SAG device.
- ListSmartAGByAccessPoint: queries the information about SAG instances in a specified region.
- ListAccessPointNetworkQualities: queries the network quality of access points for an SAG device.
- ProbeAccessPointNetworkQuality: tests the network connectivity between an SAG instance and an access point.