If you want to use a username and password to connect to a simple application server, you can set a connection password for the server. If you forget the logon password of a simple application server, you can reset a logon password for the server. This topic describes how to set or reset a password for a simple application server.
Different accounts are used as administrator accounts for different operating systems:
- For Linux operating systems, the administrator account is root.
- For Windows operating systems, the administrator account is Administrator. This topic focuses on how to set a logon password for a simple application server. For information about how to set a connection password for a Windows-based simple application server, see Reset the VNC connection password of a Windows server.
- Log on to the Simple Application Server console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Servers.
- Find the simple application server whose password you want to set or reset and click the server card.
- Set or reset a password. Use one of the following methods to set a password:Note The procedure to reset a password is the same as that to set a password.
- In the Server Information section, click Reset Password.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose
. Simple application servers that run different operating systems have different methods to set their passwords.
- For a Windows server, click Reset Server Password.
- For a Linux server, click Set Password.
- In the Set Server Password dialog box, enter and confirm a new password and then click OK. Keep your password confidential.Important You need to configure a strong password and periodically change your password to prevent brute-force attacks.
- In the Restart Server Now dialog box, select whether to restart the server immediately based on your business requirements. Warning The restart operation stops the instance for a short period of time and may interrupt services that are running on the instance. We recommend that you restart instances during off-peak hours.
- Restart the server now: Select Yes, restart the server now, and then click OK to restart the server immediately.
- Restart the server later: Select No, I will restart the server later and click OK. Then, you can restart the server during off-peak hours to allow the new password to take effect.