This topic describes how to create a custom image to store the data of a simple application server. The custom image can be shared to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) or used to create simple application servers that have the same configurations.
- The custom image and the corresponding simple application server reside in the same region.
- The maximum number of custom images that can be created is three times the number of simple application servers that you have, but cannot exceed 15.
- You can directly create a custom image only from the system disk snapshot of a simple application server. If you want a custom image to contain the data on the data disks of the simple application server, you must select data disk snapshots when you create the custom image.
- If a simple application server is released when it expires or a refund is performed for the server, the snapshots and custom images of the server are also released.
- If you reset or replace the operating system of a simple application server, the disk data, snapshots, and custom images of the server are all deleted. Back up your data before you reset or replace the operating system of your simple application server.
- Log on to the Simple Application Server console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Snapshot List.
- Find the system disk snapshot that you want to use to create a custom image and click Create Custom Image in the Actions column.
- In the Create a custom image dialog box, configure the parameters. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Snapshot Name The name of the system disk snapshot. This parameter value is automatically generated. Custom image name The name of the custom image. The name is 2 to 128 characters in length and can contain special characteristics periods (.), underscores (_), hyphens (-), and colons (:). The name cannot start with a special character or a digit. Custom image description The description of the custom image. The description is 2 to 256 characters in length and cannot start with
Data disk snapshot The snapshot of the data disk. This parameter is optional. If you want the custom image to contain the data on the data disk, select a data disk snapshot from the drop-down list. Otherwise, the custom image contains only the data on the system disk.
- Click OK, and then click Go to View. On the Images page, you can view the custom image that you created.