Alibaba Cloud DNS is a distributed database service that resolves domain names to IP addresses. You can configure A records in the Alibaba Cloud DNS console. DNS can resolve a domain name to the public IP address of a Classic Load Balancer (CLB) instance based on the configured A record. This improves user experience when users access the CLB instance from the Internet.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
- On the Manage DNS page, click Add Domain Name.
- In the Add Domain Name dialog box, enter the domain name of your host and click OK.
- On the Manage DNS page, find the domain name and click Configure in the Actions column to go to the DNS Settings page.
- On the DNS Settings page, click Add Record.
- In the Add Record panel, set the following parameters and click Confirm.
Parameter Description Type Select A from the drop-down list. Host The prefix of your domain name. In this example, WWW is selected. ISP Line Select Default. Value Enter the IP address of your website, which is the public IP address of the Application Load Balancer (ALB) instance. TTL Select the time-to-live (TTL) value of the record on the DNS server. In this example, the default value is used.Note
- Newly created CNAME records immediately take effect. The time that is required for a modified CNAME record to take effect is determined by the TTL value. The default TTL value is 10 minutes.
- If the CNAME record that you want to create conflicts with an existing record, we recommend that you specify another domain name.