HTTPS is a protocol used to secure data transmission. To achieve end-to-end data transfer over HTTPS, you can configure Classic Load Balancer (CLB) to redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS. CLB supports HTTP-to-HTTPS redirects in all regions.
A CLB instance is created and an HTTPS listener is added to the CLB instance. For more information, see Add an HTTPS listener.
- Log on to the CLB console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the CLB instance is deployed.
- Use one of the following methods to open the listener configuration wizard:
- On the Instances page, find the CLB instance that you want to manage and click Configure Listener in the Actions column.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the CLB instance that you want to manage. On the Listener tab, click Add Listener.
- On the Protocol and Listener wizard page, set the listener protocol to HTTP and specify a listening port.
- Click Modify next to Advanced, enable Redirection, select a listener, and then click Next.
Select an HTTPS listener within the CLB instance.
- On the Confirm wizard page, click Submit. In the message that appears, click OK.
This way, all HTTP requests received by the CLB instance are redirected to the specified HTTPS listener and distributed based on the configuration of the HTTPS listener.