Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) provides the tag feature that allows you to manage and categorize stacks and templates by tag.
Each tag is a key-value pair. When you use ROS tags, take note of the following limits:
- You must add tags to stacks or templates.
- You can add up to 20 tags to a stack or template.
- The key of a tag that you add to a stack must be unique.
- The key of a tag that you add to a template must be unique. If the key of a new tag is the same as the key of an existing tag, the new tag overwrites the existing tag.
- You cannot use tags across regions. For example, tags that are created in the China (Hangzhou) region are not displayed in the China (Shanghai) region.